Support Your Port
Why Support a Port?
Ports are incredibly important, especially in Alaska. Specifically, the Port of Anchorage is the major point of entry for so many of the basic goods that we rely on everyday.
How to Support
There are many ways to support the Port of Anchorage, YOUR Port. The most important way is to educate yourself, to know the facts! To make it easy, we've listed a few (10!) ideas on HOW to SUPPORT YOUR PORT!
- Educate yourself! Learn About the Port
- Schedule a visit. Bring your class or group to visit the Port, group tours are Tuesday’s. For more information on group tours visit: Group Tours
- Attend a tour. Summer tours every Sunday (resumes June 2012)
- Let us share with you! Invite a Port representative to your meeting or classroom for a presentation.
- Attend a meeting. The Port of Anchorage Commission meetings are open to the public.
Click here for More Information
- Attend a project night or a meeting where the Port is presenting.
- Stay informed by checking the this website or our Facebook Page for updates!
- Educate others! Tell your kids, neighbors and friends how they receive their groceries, fuel and other essential items.
- Write about it! Write your Governor, Mayor, Senator or Representative. Alaska Directory of State Officials
- Ask us. If you have a question and can’t reach us at a meeting, find us online anytime.
Click here for a directory of port staff
Lastly, hey thanks! For your support and for visiting portofalaska.com.